If you live in a hot and humid area and the bathroom is not well ventilated, then it is time to make sure that the mold is not intruding in your home.
The molds appear after the air is not circulating properly. It often appears in the bathroom, kitchen, laundry, and basements.
Hence, you will often come across such growth in these parts of your home.
Tiles are a great architectural alternative to secure the spaces that stay warm and humid.
Although they make the floors and walls secure, we cannot ignore the black mold’s appearance in the spaces in between the tiles or underneath.
Once the mold develops, the bathroom looks unimpressive and untidy. No matter how clean you try to keep the tiles, the black mold peeping out of the tiles gives a terrible impression.
It all happens because of the moisture and the porous structure of the grout.
The black mold under the tiles is not something that we cannot handle. With just a few easy-to-follow tips and tricks, life can be easier than you expect.
Causes Of Black Mold Under The Tiles
1. The tile flooring in the bathroom receives maximum moisture all around the clock.
They expose it to moisture, which becomes the core reason for molds that look like the black spots on the tile’s floors.
The subfloors are made of wood, and so the temperature rises under the tulles. This combo of warmth and humidity result in the growth of the molds under the tiles.
2. If the moisture is not removed from the bathroom regularly, then there are chances that the mold will appear under the tiles.
Spending too much time in the shower or tub, leaving behind the wet towels, or ignoring even the minor leakages can cause mold.
The moisture that is not vented keeps seeping under the tiles, and as it stays there for long, the growth appears.
3. The mold spore colonies would appear in case of high dampness.
4. Steam can be an enemy as well. As the steam cools down and transforms into humidity, it accumulates on the tiles and in between.
Thus, it results in the growth of black mold under the tiles and between the tiles.
Removing The Molds
The treatment of the mold under the tiles depends on the infestation’s size and sometimes on the mold.
1. Be a vigilant resident. Address the small patch as soon as it appears on the floor. It is easy to check the pace of growth when the mold is limited in size.
Treat the growth by using a homemade mixture of bleach and water. The other option is to get the mold-removing solution from the market. Stay safe while applying such remedies.
2. Make sure that the bathroom is well ventilated.
3. If you feel that things are going out of hand, then it is time to find an expert mold-removing service provider to asset you.
Preventing growth in the future is important, especially after you are done with removing the mold under the tiles. Prevention is the key to have safe living.
The mold can develop anywhere and anytime. If you are careful about the interiors, then you can easily prevent growth in the future.
Keep a close eye on the leaking pipes. Constantly leaking pipes can make things complicated.
It would add more moisture to the bathroom besides the routine moisture coming in.