Do you want to add a light fixture to your bathroom? Is there no junction box in the bathroom to attach the light fixture? There is no need to worry.
It is a complicated process, but it is not impossible to handle. The easiest way to handle this task is to create a hole in the wall to run down the wire.
Although it is a good idea, many such fixtures fixed in this way can fall in no time.
Many experts suggest that the user install a used junction box that would be safe and easy to handle.
Steps To Install The Bathroom Light Without A Fixture
1. Switch off the electricity: Before working with electricity, make sure that you turn off the main source’s electricity supply. Just move the breaker’s toggle switch to the switch off position. Thus, by doing this, you are minimizing the risk of getting electrocuted.
2. Creating an opening: Decide on the position of the light fixture. Get the junction box in the target spot and create a pencil trace on the wall using the junction box’s back. Make an opening using the drywall saw.
3. Place the electric wire: Create a hole at the back of the junction box. Pass the electrical wire through it.
4. Keep the wire securely in place: After putting the junction box in the hole, twist the screws tightly, ensuring that the plastic anchors are well seated in the drywall. It is time to pull the box so you can enjoy some resistance.
5. Split the wiring: Take a sharp utility knife to remove the sheath’s 6 inches from the surface of the electrical wire. Once done, separate the wires. It is important to remove half an inch of the coating on both the white and the black wires.
6. Take the white wires from both the fixture and the box. Twist them with the help of the pliers. Tighten the cables on the wire nut. Repeat the same with the black wires. In the end, twist the ground wires too.
7. Attach the adapter and the electric box. If there is an adapter coming along with the light fixture, then screw it to the junction box. Safely place the wires in the box. Use the screws to attach the light and the adapter.
8. Check time: It is time to see if everything is going right. Turn on the electricity from the primary source. Switch on the light and see if the fixture is working.
These are just the easy-to-manage steps in connecting the light fixture without a junction box. These steps make things easier for users to manage.
The procedure is not too complex. You can handle it as a DIY project.
In case you are not finding it easy or have not done it before, it is better to seek professional advice.