The tiled bathrooms look perfect, but it has some drawbacks too. The tiles make the bathroom’s cold in winters.
Think of moving into a freezing cold room after a relaxing hot water shower.
It would definitely give you a chilling feeling running down your spinal cord.
Instead of making you feel good, it would cause inconvenience and unease.
This issue can be resolved quickly if you install a heat lamp in your bathroom. This makes the bathrooms comfortable all through the day.
What Is A Heat Lamp?
The heat lamp consists of an incandescent light bulb that emits sufficient heat and light.
The bulb is created on the principle that no heat is wasted, just like it happens in the ordinary light bulb.
It cannot be used as an alternative to the usual light and heat sources but is still ideal for keeping the room warm.
Points To Consider Before Installing The Heat Bulb
It is very important to keep the bathroom safe from any extraordinary damage while using the heat bulb.
To guarantee him, make sure that you are aware of NEC’s guidelines related to the installation of the heat bulb in the bathrooms.
It is better to choose a dedicated circuit to avoid damage to the existing circuit to operate the heat bulb.
If the circuit has its own breaker, it will stay safe, and the system would not trip.
Installing The Heat Bulb
- Before starting off with the installation, turn off the breaker and make sure that the circuit is just the right one for your home.
- If you adjust the circuit power at the switch location, it is important to get two cables that you need to install from the wall to the unit. These are generally the three-wire cables and two-wire cables.
- Attach the neutral wire with the three units and then the ground wire.
- Attach the two-wire cable from the breaker to the switch and make sure to expose some part of the bare wires, generally 1.5 inches.
- Attach the bare wires to the switch box.
- Attach the black wire to one side of the heater and the red onto the other side of the heater.
- Make sure to keep the black wire just under the red wire.
- Attach the black wire from the three-wire cable to the third hole that is left.
- Twist the white wires together and wrap them well with tape after putting a twist on the wire connection around it.
- Cover all the exposed wires.
- Connect the red wire of the fixture and the other wires with their matching colors to complete.
The installation is not very tedious but ensures complete safety and protection of the system while installing it.
Don’t stand barefoot on the wet floor. Don’t touch the exposed wires without any reason. You can expect sparking.
Make sure to wear full sleeves shirt to avoid any burn. Make sure that you have grounded the wires securely.
- How To Hide Pipes In Bathroom? | 6 Peaceful Ways
- How To Get Rid Of Red Worms In Bathroom? | Solution
- How To Dehumidify Bathroom? | 6 Effective Steps To Follow