Brushed nickel fixtures are a treat for the bathrooms of those who want everything to be stylish.
The nickel fixtures are an economical option to transform even a conventional bathroom into something awe-inspiring and eye-catching.
The fixtures have a matte surface that is brushed with nickel. It looks rough and dull after sanding.
To maintain the nickel grandeur in the bathroom for long, regular cleaning and maintenance are required.
Cleaning it after two weeks is a good idea. This would keep them well in shape and will give them an impressive look for a long time.
Points To Ponder On Cleaning Nickel Fixtures
The fixtures in the bathroom are subject to exposure so much that the chances of damage and deteriorated look can increase several times.
Usually, it is the toothpaste residues, water deposits, and soapy additions that can ruin your fixtures.
Before setting off for the cleaning, choose just the right cleaner. Usually, the bathroom cleaners include acidic solutions that can harm the surface of the nickel.
The bleach-based cleaners are rich in hydrofluoric and phosphoric acids that are quite damaging for the nickel’s surface.
Keep away the scratch pads as they would clean but would damage the nickel fixtures’ surface. It is better to choose a soft fabric that can clean safely.
If you want things to be really different, then get professional help to handle the job successfully.
Materials Required For Cleaning
- A cleaner
- Toothbrush with soft bristles
- Soft fabrics or microfiber
- Enough water for a thorough cleaning
How To Clean?
- Apply the cleaner thoroughly on the surface. The cleaners often come in spray form.
- Use soft material to scrub the surface thoroughly. It can be a wet toothbrush or a soft piece of cloth.
- Don’t leave the services untouched. A toothbrush is the best to clear this part of the bathroom.
- Rinse it well with water. Make sure that there are no traces of cleaners behind.
- Once done, dry the damp surface using the microfiber cloth. We call this buffer drying.
- You can get the nickel polish for the faucets. If you think that the surface needs polish, just use it.
These simple steps can change your life. We must not underestimate faucets. Their presence in the bathroom is the symbol of simplicity and grandeur.
Nickel faucets need regular cleaning for a perfect-looking bathroom. Just a few essential steps and some precautions can give the faucets a completely fresh look.