For the homeowners with style, the bathroom is equally important for the look and the add ons for the bathroom.
Light fixtures are an essential and most loved choice for the bathrooms.
Just imagine that it is a stormy night when the bulb within the fancy fixture blows. It can make your night even darker.
To get a new bulb fixed into the fixture, it is essential to dismantling the fixture. Many fixtures come along with the manual, but the things are not easy to follow.
If you are set for fixing the light fixture problems, just get ready. If your fixture has screws, there is nothing to worry about.
In case the fixtures are screwless, there can be some challenges, but there is nothing to worry about.
You can handle the same task as easily as you can handle removing a screwed light fixture.
Steps To Dismantle The Screwless Fixtures
There is nothing to feel at risk. Here in this guide, we let you know the steps that can help remove the fixture that has no screws to it.
Type of fixture
To initiate the fixture removal, make sure that you know which type of fixture is there in your bathroom.
The four main categories of the fixtures include:
- Notch or Groove Mechanism
- Spring-Loaded Mechanism
- Slotted Connectors
- Flush Mount
Once you have decided the type, it is time to remove the fixture using the following methods.
1. Notch or Groove Mechanism:
If your bathroom has this kind of light fixture, you would need two people to settle the fixing. Get the right buddy to handle the fixing.
- Person A will exert pressure on the fixture base to push it close to the point of installation.
- Person B’s task is to twist the dome until it separates from the base.
- It is time to separate the fixture now.
- Sometimes it won’t work in the first instance. In this case, you need to try with the dome again. Keep pushing the base and at the same time keep working with the dome. As it separates from the groove, it will get away from the base too.
2. Spring-Loaded Mechanism:
This kind of fixture has a base, and a dome joined together with springs. You can handle this fixture on your own without needing any special assistance.
- Use a flat screwdriver or a knife and push it softly between the base and the point of attachment.
- Create a large enough gap by moving the tool. The gap must be wide enough to put the fingers between the two.
- Use your fingers to pull out the springs.
These fixtures would not give a hard time due to the spring-loaded mechanisms. Their design facilitates the users to simply pull away from the fixture with not many tools.
In some fixtures of this category, all you need is some pressure, after which you can separate the base and the dome.
As you exert the pressure, the springs will contract, and the dome will come out of place.
3. Slotted Connectors:
These light fixtures come along with the raised bumps. These bumps are required to lock the base and the dome.
- Twist the dome so that it separates from the bumps.
- Pull down the fixture so that it can come out.
- Flush Mount: These light fixtures are fixed against the ceiling or the wall as you like.
- Check for any fancy decoratives that are usually there in the middle of the dome.
- Turn it in the anticlockwise direction so that they get loose.
- Use one hand to hold the dome.
- Turn the finial to remove the dome.
- Unscrew the final so that the dome comes out immediately.
A regular light bulb hanging from the ceiling or wall without any fixture is easy to handle.
The fixtures with no screws are aesthetically appealing but hard to manage when it comes to removal.
It can be a puzzle to solve if you are new to all this. On the contrary, learning more about the fixture without screws can make your task even easier.
If you have all the necessary information about handling the screw-less light fixtures, start working with them.
- How To Install A Bathroom Light Fixture Without A Junction Box?
- How To Clean Brushed Nickel Bathroom Fixtures? | [Guide]
- How To Remove Rust From Bathroom Light Fixture [Guide]
Leave a Reply